Welcome to the ABC Kids Expo. We appreciate your decision to attend the show voted as one of the Fastest Growing Trade Shows in the U.S. (Trade Show Week - TSW Fastest 50 - 2005-2009). Additionally, we are the largest juvenile products trade show in North America and ranked 54th among the top 100 shows in size nationwide (Trade Show Executive, 2009). We offer you the opportunity to meet with your existing suppliers, conduct business meetings, network with others retailers, investigate new products and place orders. We hope you experience the Power of Partnership at the ABC Kids Expo.
The most important thing to have when attending any show is a positive attitude.
Here are just a few tips to help you get everything done that you need to do and have fun doing it.
- Pre-register to avoid waiting in line on site.
- Make airline and hotel reservations early.
- Know your inventory needs and "Open To Buy" prior to the show .
- Plan an agenda and make appointments on the "My Show" feature of the interactive online floor plan
- Bring plenty of your own business cards for use during the show.
- Talk to colleagues who have previously attended.
- Stay for as many show days as you can (this is a large format).
- Look for pre-show advertisements in the "Targeted Event Action Mailer" (T.E.A.M.).
- Take advantage of "Show Specials" listed on our website.
- Make appointments to visit with your KEY companies first.
- Bring your employees that would most benefit from attending the show and who could help you "stay on track" with your show goals and schedules.
- Pack comfortable shoes.
- Visit the New Product Showcase.
- Wear comfortable shoes. Show attire is "Business Casual."
- Pick up your show tote when you pick up your badge holder.
- Have a pen and notebook handy.
- Check out "The Center", a revolving carousel of exhibitor information.
- Check out the advertisements in the Show Directory (buyer's guide).
- Utilize the floor informational kiosks when searching for particular companies or categories of products.
- Take advantage of the show amenities such as the exhibit hall Trolleys, Internet Cafe', Industry Reception and more.
- Keep your badge in plain sight while browsing the show.
- Request brochures and samples to be mailed instead of carrying them.
- Double check freight costs and delivery dates.
- Keep track of orders so that your budget will stay on track.
- Bring your artwork and other files on a flash drive for custom orders.
- Take breaks to refresh and revitalize, have a snack or get some fresh air.
- Don't be afraid to introduce yourself to others.
- Don't linger too long at one booth.
Close the show on a positive note!
- Make your return travel arrangements for the day after the show closes.
- Allow a full two hours at the airport to check-in and clear security.
- Identify that your objectives were met and that time spent at the show was worthwhile, both time-wise and money-wise.
- Follow-up with your vendors on purchase orders.
We hope this list of "tips" will help to ensure your success at the show with some powerful new partnerships and bring you back year after year.
If you have any questions, please call your Retailer Representative, Mike Mullen at extension 104 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org